homeopathic treatments

Discussions about Dental, Medical, Fitness and Mental Health
Clarence

homeopathic treatments

Post by Clarence »

I promised to post info here for natural treatments. my family have been using them for decades! and they work and work fast.

Arnica essenz by Weleda is fantastic for wasp, bee stings, bruises etc. just wet the area and that egg you expect to appear from the bump, will hardly even pop up. sore from chainsawing all day or having smacked your shins on tree branches snapping back on you, just rub a bot on. good for arthritis symptoms as well.

combudoron salbe by Weleda is for burns and similar issues.

Plantago bronhialbalsam by "wala" is great for onslaught of chest colds

Infludo by Weleda is for early and ongoing treatment of flu

arnica ointment from weleda is creme version of liquid so good for bandage type applications

ratanhia mouthwash by weleda is good for mouth sores and i use on any lip sore that pops up after a good cold ( small dab on lip) .

Echinaforce by A.Vogel is great for prevention of colds or flu. i take at early sign of cold coming on and nine times out of ten i am good

massageol by Weleda is a good arnica massage oil for those whacks to the shins or tired and sore muscles. a few drops in a hot bath is also one we use

Burn care creme by Weleda is just that

follow doses on labels, but one thing i can say about liquids and cremes is how little is needed!

there are other oils for baths etc from Weleda and if you have the money and interest, they are all great, lavender, rosemery... Sounds like a perume shop but we iuse them to help when stressed, during and after colds etc. Mind and body are important and if a warm bath can help you focus, then baby thats what you want.

Wayne
Canada

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by Wayne »

Clarence wrote: ...if you have the money and interest...
I'll say, Walmart has the toothpaste on for $35.00! Like you say, if you have the money... My father grew-up on a family farm in Manitoba. No running water, electricity or indoor facilities. He'd roll over in his grave if I spent $35.00 on a tube of toothpaste... :shock:
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Wayne, before your father rolls over in his grave, check out the net for the infludo and other items. It’s also all natural and that is a premium from chemical crap sold by big pharma. I understand the cost and I hate spending the money but I sacrifice other things for quality. A tiny and they are tiny bottle of infludo lasts me and my wife maybe two years. Like a good rifle and scope, you can buy stuff that breaks, jams, falls out of adjustment or you can buy good stuff that will be there when you most need it. If I can take two doses and it stops the flu coming and we are in a bad space, then that just may save my family’s lives.

If A person can put gas in the car to go to Friends house,movie... they can afford infludo, arnica etc.

I promised to pass it on and I have. People we know who have tried it, love it. Not much else I can say.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Wayne et al. For those sceptical or influenced by seemingly high cost. I recommend people purchase arnica and see the effects. Safe to safe most peepers bang shins while cutting wood, pinch finger on pail lids or a myriad of other bruises and sore muscles. A few drops is all that is needed on a bruise developing on a head or back of a hand. Maybe five drops on a shin that was whacked by a branch.

echinacea is another good one that many people now accept as an excellent early treatment for colds and flu.

Not everyone trusts homeopathy but give it a whirl in small doses and see if it works in prep supplies. Cheers
Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne »

Clarence,

As usual you make a good point. I appreciate your post and believe that homeopathic treatments have their place in day-to-day life. We each spend our money differently and each of us has a different amount to spend. My point was that I'm happy to use baking soda before I spend $35.00 for toothpaste... There are no doubt items worth the expenditure. I believe that some people are off-the-wall when it comes to this topic. In no way do I include you among them.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Wayne. Agree with baking sofa for any prep plan. 35 bucks, buys a lot of 22 ammo or seeds.... and yes, some go off the wall on the subject, but hey, if that’s what floats their boat, go for it. God knows peppers are laughter at all the time. That is till they want our stuff!

Pragmatic approach to life and to sustaining it is key and everything I have read on this board leads in that general direction. People have opinions on outcomes, who to trust etc, but at least people are moving in direction of full or semi independence or resilience.
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown »

Homeopathic treatments have no evidence based proof they work. Lots of anecdotal stuff...but no evidence whatsoever. Expensive placebo's at best.

Marketing them here on a public forum is troubling.

https://www.homeowatch.org/

http://whatstheharm.net/homeopathy.html

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/ ... ure-or-con

Let the flame wars begin if thats whats needed. But I wont sit quiet as phony remedies are peddled and people are duped into fake medicine.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown »

This topic has no place in the "health" section. I do understand there is an "alternative" or "conspiracy" section on this forum I'm not privy to. You could continue the discussion there free of interference from the dissenting voice of evidence base reality.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
peppercorn

Post by peppercorn »

I think evidenced based proof is a great thing, why limit it to just medicine though. Note in the below youtube vid, medicine is being practiced without a licence or evidence yet no one is objecting to it, no calls to restrain it! lets just be even in the application of our objections, thats all I am saying..If the below is aloud, its real hard to object to homeopathy, well not for you or me but.... Do note in the below vid I notice there are no amuputes present to ask for a leg or arm back...strange don't you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wVQFmkIlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XPwKKrB78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUIqKJyD0Q
Last edited by peppercorn on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.
Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne »

thecrownsown wrote:This topic has no place in the "health" section...
There are many treatments not understood fully by medical science. Chinese medicine, for example has long promoted herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage and dietary therapy.

Homeopathic medicine has been extensively studied by the Swiss Government. The result was that this government concludes that homeopathic treatment is a valid one and Switzerland’s national health insurance program pays for this treatment.

I haven't practised homeopathic Medicine myself. But if people feel that they have received a health benefit from such treatment, who is to say that they shouldn't feel free to discuss it in the health area of this Website? Really?

Return to “Health”