Quality of life during the Pandemic.

Post general discussions here
Clarence
Canada

Re: Quality of life during the Pandemic.

Post by Clarence » Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 am

While some of us enjoy the reduction in road noise etc

Some of the things we should likely take advantage of now and during the loosening of restrictions is any uptick in freedoms, visitations, topping up of the things we would like to have in the house but are finding hard to obtain. All this before the anticipated second or third waves.

Per human nature, as people get busier at work, cottage and picnics, they will likely take the foot of the gas peddle and ease up on food purchases. With bbq season, the meat sections will likely remain thin but other items may fill back up a bit. So veggies at farmers market and stuff for this fall, winter and even next spring ( seeds, fertilizer..) should be sought out and added to inventory.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 am

Well things started opening up last week. A quick view of what I have seen up to today. A near by town had 4 restaurants open, I could count the cars parked out in front of all of them using the fingers on one hand. Two of the watering holes I drove by looked to be doing better business, I would have needed all my fingers and toes to count up the parked cars. Traffic on the road is climbing, climbing quite a bit.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 am

Sadly, the Car and truck noise is up, but at 11:00 PM, it’s nicely quiet out in the country, buy you definitely hear the morning “rush”

Looking forward to seeing some friends and family

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Sun May 24, 2020 7:20 am

I have mentioned before about how I have noticed more cyclists out, both in the country, and city. I just found my first Canadian article on the subject. https://globalnews.ca/news/6978435/coro ... T7cugyZYNI

I have been so happy with my electric bike (I now have thousands of km on it, in one year) that I want to buy another but it looks like demand is so high that I may as well wait for now. even if I ordered now I wouldn't see one until snow is on the ground, So I will wait until Feb and order one then. My next one is going to be for off road mostly. Smaller diameter tires for more torque, and a lower center of gravity is what the model I am looking at has. Those who have them say the acceleration on this model is so great you need to hang on with both hands and of course it has fat tires, because once you go fat you don't go back.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed May 27, 2020 7:35 am

I am going to be hitting 4000km on my electric bike this summer, or before fall at the latest. That is half way across Canada! I am gob smacked at the km I am putting n this bike trouble free. Roughly 7 months riding last year, and 2 months so far this year. I kid you not when I say I have over a half dozen bikes, but nothing gets ridden now but my electric one. Its such a blast. Since this pandemic, with the light traffic I ride right down the middle of the road, or have been doing so, now that traffic is picking up I cant do that, but it was fun while it lasted. Some meat heat chased me down on a atv the other night, came up behind me making all kinds of noise from the piece of junk he was driving, and the stench of fuel was choking me. He seen me go by most nights and he deceided he had to know what I was riding. I explained to him what it was, and offered to let him take it for a spin. He was impressed.

Return to “General Discussions”