Rant

Post general discussions here
Grouchyprepper
Canada

Rant

Post by Grouchyprepper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Just blowing off steam!
Leave well enough alone!
The Mid east has been fighting over who killed my chicken, that's my rock, your religion is wrong, you wear funny cloth for over a 1000 years.
Why do we (the west) got to start a world war over nothing. LET THEM work it out!

Not feeling any better but I said it.

Wayne
Canada

Re: Rant

Post by Wayne » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:50 pm

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Rarely are these issues black and white....always messy.

I'm not a big fan of the current American administration, but think what happened was more/less correct the better decision in a very complicated and messy situation. To do nothing would be worse... I look at those people overseas in Syria as our fellow man. And for a state to chemically gas their own people is contrary to international law..its fundamentally immoral.

America/UK/France made a precision strike, and warned Syria not to do it again..and it looks like Russia was informed beforehand to mitigate the potential of a larger conflict spilling over. All in all...it looks like a success. No civilian casualties and only chemical plant and storage destruction.

http://torontosun.com/news/national/syr ... abf677c245
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Wow. Guys.... just Wow.

By now, you should all know, any time the US....er, I mean NATO mentions chemical weapons and unspeakable evil, just assume you are being played, conned, suckered, used, bent over without being kissed first.

http://www.newsweek.com/now-mattis-admi ... ple-801542

Just stop....before deciding to be "Good Men" saving us from "Evil". That usually ends in finding out you are the enactor of evil.
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm

"Good Men" saving us from "Evil".

Yes, you are in way more danger from the "good men" and the more certain they are of their goodness, righteousness, the greater the danger. Directly proportional!!
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 pm

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to be certain of their action.” ― Peppercorn 2018
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:40 pm

cernunnos5 wrote: ...By now, you should all know, any time the US....er, I mean NATO mentions chemical weapons and unspeakable evil, just assume you are being played, conned, suckered, used, bent over without being kissed first.
Doctors without Borders have been confirming Syrian gassings since 2013. Perhaps you believe that the physicians treating the injured are either incompetent, simply mistaken or the inflicted people were dying from what they thought occured?
This refers to the February attack not what occurred this month.
cernunnos5 wrote: Just stop....before deciding to be "Good Men" saving us from "Evil". That usually ends in finding out you are the enactor of evil.
peppercorn wrote:"...Yes, you are in way more danger from the "good men" and the more certain they are of their goodness, righteousness, the greater the danger. Directly proportional!!
Thank God you guys weren't alive when Hitler was on the rampage... Just look the other way, I just don't want to get involved.... Sorry, but I've had my fill of that attitude for years.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted;
the indifference of those who should have known better;
the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most;
that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 am

Hook, Line and Sinker.

As they say, "First person to bring up Hitler and the Holocaust" looses the argument.

Pretty sure all those Germans thought they were the Good Guys saving the world from evil. Got all riled up about it too.

Also pretty sure this is about getting a pipeline from S.A. to Europe. If it was Sarin, the filmers, medics, doctors handling the bodies, would all be dead.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I must be extremely gullible and easily susceptible to propaganda.
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 am

cernunnos5 wrote: ...As they say, "First person to bring up Hitler and the Holocaust" looses the argument.
I've never heard that said. Perhaps you might quote your source? If the argument is lost, it's only lost in your mind, from your perspective, not mine.
cernunnos5 wrote: ...If it was Sarin, the filmers, medics, doctors handling the bodies, would all be dead.
The last report I read said it was Chlorine, but whatever it was, it was real not imaginary.
cernunnos5 wrote: ... I must be extremely gullible and easily susceptible to propaganda.
Ok.

Return to “General Discussions”