Leave or Defend?

Post general discussions here
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Leave or Defend?

Post by Denob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Well Wayne, you seem to be more "up" on the topic than I...had to look it up.
Now I understand...well at least I understand what the theory is.
An extended solar minimum is supposed to cause a mini ice age.
These extended solar minimums have been associated with colder climate periods in not so recent history.
My issue with this is that these recorded "mini ice ages" occured before anyone knew anything about solar cycles.
After looking around, I found the usual suspects (Youtubers, bloggers, etc) quoting their research (often sourced from other Youtubers, bloggers, etc.) claiming iminent global cooling.
I also found a whole lot of actual scientific refences claiming that even an extended period solar minimum couldn't offset the global warming caused by man made emmisions.
I don't know...seems like more of the standard fear mongering to me...I guess the whole planet X thing has run it's course after dozens of doomsday dates having passed without incident.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:56 pm

I didn't understand the science, but my read was similar to yours. The world has its full of crazy people, each with their own brand to sell.

Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day.
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 am

I don't know squat about solar minimum, I just know it was a great winter for sunlight but piss poor for temperature, This has been one long cold winter,another night of -18 coming, I have blown my wood budget so to speak, lucky I have extra :D :D

Heating two levels (up and down) about 2300 sqft total and if this weather doesn't improve soon I might hit 5 cord, the most I have ever used.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 am

Finally, over night temperature might only go to -11 or -12. I was beginning to think we were entering a ice age. I can take cold snaps during winter proper but by April I am sick of it and biteing at the bit to get things done out side. This winter came early and is hanging on longer than I can remember. I started recording weather observations, things like rain fall, first frosts, last frosts and such 10 or more years ago...This winter seemed to have lowest, longest temps that have observed. Still a foot of snow that needs to melt before I can do anything outside!

I just checked my notes, and first frost hit sept 14,15th then first snow (4 inches) and hard hard frost (-7) came Oct 2. This is turning into a full seven months of winter. I need to stock more mix for winters this long!

Forget about leaving in much of Canada, and forget about defending, nobody is going any wear (under Emergency type conditions) for much of the year,in fact by this point, after this long of winter I wont defend anything, I will invite anyone in for a meal as I would like the company! I will like their company even more if they have mix!
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am

The only mix you need is ice and it seems that you have an ample supple... Cheers! :-)

Draxxen
Canada

Post by Draxxen » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 pm

You really need to follow that scientist on YouTube(Oppenheimer Ranch Project) you will learn everything on solar maximum, solar minimum,also grand solar minimum,cosmic rays, earthquake ,volcano eruption cause of cosmic rays increase, Farm collapsing all over the world, food shortage only a few year away, plague, The quality of food is down to animal quality in some part of the world increase ...etc

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Well, a grand solar minimum just might be in the cards...what it will lead to is what the debate seems to be about.
Since this doesn't really fit into the topic, perhaps someone would want to start a new thread on the topic.
Back to the topic at hand please...which seems to be defending Peppercorns mix supply.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:48 am

Draxxen wrote:You really need to follow that scientist on YouTube(Oppenheimer Ranch Project) you will learn everything on solar maximum, solar minimum,also grand solar minimum,cosmic rays, earthquake ,volcano eruption cause of cosmic rays increase, Farm collapsing all over the world, food shortage only a few year away, plague, The quality of food is down to animal quality in some part of the world increase ...etc
Draxxen, the you tube vid you suggested failed my smell test in the first few minutes of viewing. I put the name in the you tube search, and clicked on their home page thing and a video started playing, I figured if this is the vid they have first to play, they must have their best argument here and right out of the gate my bs meter was tripped...I think They started talking about "Sacred Geometry" quoting bible passages (prophecies), and talking about the precession cycle showing a graphic with what I think was the signs of the zodiac...Three strikes and they are out...I did not view more at that point.

Where we get information (the credibility of the source) to evaluate is of equal importance to the quality of the information. Credible people making a scientific presentation don't use adjectives like "Sacred" Geometry, there is just Geometry.

I have some sites that have great tips on spotting likely purveyors of BS.

http://sharonahill.com/author/idoubtit/

https://doubtfulnews.com/

https://firstdraftnews.org/

https://www.theskepticsguide.org/

https://www.skeptic.com/

due note that I am not commenting on solar minimum or other things you spoke of as I have not yet seen a credible argument for them, I am only faulting the credibility of your recommended source. Maybe you have other sources that can lay out facts better?

I know, you don't have to say it, I am not much fun at magic shows either.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 am

peppercorn wrote:

...due note that I am not commenting on solar minimum or other things you spoke of as I have not yet seen a credible argument for them, I am only faulting the credibility of your recommended source. Maybe you have other sources that can lay out facts better?
Solar minimums are however a scientific reality. You might look at this on the NASA site: https://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/so ... nimum.html

As I understand it they can be a prelude to extraordinary solar flares, which we on earth should be concerned about to some degree (communications failures, etc.) I'm not suggesting that this is attributable to a doomsday scenario, as they occur once every 11 year sunspot cycle and this hasn't been a factor so far. With our Society being more and more dependent on electronic technology, this could be a factor in the future.

Draxxen
Canada

Post by Draxxen » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:33 am

The video you watch was not made by the scientist , look at the new one next time you will see what I mean.
Your are right there is a lot of bs out there .

Return to “General Discussions”