Hello

Introduce yourselves here New Zealanders!
anglo

Re: Hello

Post by anglo »

I would say there are a few reasons there is not more activity on this and similar sites. Firstly the MSM media has given preppers a bad press. I don't raise it with sheeple as they seem to view preppers as nutters. Secondly I think that most preppers are a bit secretive and suspicious of the powers that be and saying 'too much' on-line/in public is not advisable. The NZ surveillance bill, ECHELON, the snoopers bill in UK where the government wants the power to store and check every persons e-mails, the recepients of the e-mails, sites visited - also texts including recipients and content. It is proposed that any authority could access this information. In light of these examples I think they could be right. A previous post mentioned this next one and I agree - I don't believe serious preppers want to advertise it. When TSHTF and the local shops have been looted I wouldn't want any old person to know where there will be some extra supplies to try and take. One of my reasons for not being too chatty is that although its good to be friendly, for me its all about making LOCAL contacts. I don't think it will do me much good having contacts here there and everywhere come the time it goes down the pan and I am in my own home. Everything you will want to know is in a book or on the net. Its knowing someone has got your back that counts. Its exactly the times that we live in that make me want to get a like minded cell of local people ready for whats ahead and then just keep my head down as far as the sheeple go. I don't know it all these are just my thoughts.
I wish you all the best in finding like-minded people in your towns. By the way if there are in people out there from New Plymouth feel free to get in touch. There are a couple of us : ) No man is an Island

sixin
New Zealand

Post by sixin »

Totally agree, I personally am looking to get a small group of people locally, 1 to 2 families, and a couple of nationwide contacts, mainly to share information, thats about the extent of my interest in making contacts.

Funny you should mention New Plymouth, Used to live on Pioneer Road, in Spotswood 4 yeas ago moved down here 2009.
SiXiN
Southern Kiwi Prepper
anglo

Post by anglo »

Hello sixin. Thanks for your comment. I know Pioneer Road, I go to a club in the domain. If you still know anyone in N.P. who thinks like us and would be serious about prepping then encourage them to get in touch.
I hope that you find that family or two
sixin
New Zealand

Post by sixin »

I still know alot of people in NP, but don't think any are interested in Prepping, not much more than what the Yellow Pages suggests.
SiXiN
Southern Kiwi Prepper
bce1

Post by bce1 »

Im on the East Coast of the North Island and always happy to chat. Being doing a this for a few years now with varying levels of success with storing various things and various preparations. While I don't advertise to all and sundry what I get up to, but overtime I have met a number of people around the country (and oz) and had meets and various discussions and consider several friends now. Developing a close circle of friends locally is clearly useful, but I wouldn't discount the country more widely and i have got a positive benefit from chatting and meeting. So happy to chat to anyone about anything. cheers BCE1
ranger2012

Post by ranger2012 »

Greetings from Ontario, Canada. We have the largest prepper site going and would love to hear from you Guys/Girls. My main topics are Gasifiers and CME effects. Hope to hears from you soon.
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."
tiny

Post by tiny »

Hi, just found this site - located in the South Island of NZ, been a prepper for a while and would like to share info with like-minded folk .....

oooops, had a problem with posting this....so tried again and now I've ended up with a double-up...sorry about this
Last edited by tiny on Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiny

Hi

Post by tiny »

Hi, just found this site - located in the South Island of NZ, been a prepper for a while and would like to share info with like-minded folk .....
ranger2012

Post by ranger2012 »

Welcome tiny :mrgreen:
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."
MrHappyNZ
New Zealand

Post by MrHappyNZ »

Hi Tiny and welcome, am in the South Island myself.

Return to “New Zealand Introductions”