Land for sale in québec( forest )

Moderator: Denob

Gallowshumour
Canada

Re: Land for sale in québec( forest )

Post by Gallowshumour » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:21 pm

With all due respect, I wouldn't buy land in Quebec.

1 - If you're English or an allophone you're instantly a second class citizen.
2 - The province is run by successive governments who'll cheerfully rob you to buy the votes of your neighbours (people who don't need to prepare, 'cause they know the government will rob you on their behalf).
3 - The unimaginable waste and corruption with regards to taxpayer money.
4 - Oh, and let's not forget the constant threat of separation.

I'm already looking at my exit strategy from Quebec, for this summer, I wouldn't encourage others to invest here.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Gallowshumour wrote:With all due respect, I wouldn't buy land in Quebec. ...Oh, and let's not forget the constant threat of separation.
I think that the next referendum that takes place, should be the Canadians who live outside of Quebec. The Question: Should Canada separate from Quebec? I wonder how that would go :?:
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

Gallowshumour
Canada

Post by Gallowshumour » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Wayne wrote:
Gallowshumour wrote:With all due respect, I wouldn't buy land in Quebec. ...Oh, and let's not forget the constant threat of separation.
I think that the next referendum that takes place, should be the Canadians who live outside of Quebec. The Question: Should Canada separate from Quebec? I wonder how that would go :?:
Let me tell you the story of John the Bum. John the Bum is a guy I used to know; an absolute cheapskate who'd take advantage of everyone and anyone to avoid spending his own money. One night I'm at a friends place, helping him fix his car, when John the Bum shows up. While I'm busy trying to attach the linkage to the carburettor, John the Bum says, "Hey Gallows, can I bum a smoke?" I used to smoke back in the day, but not anymore. Absentmindedly I mutter, "Yeah," and take my cigarettes out to give him one. Just then though, I glance up and notice that John the Bum has a full pack of cigarettes in his shirt pocket, I know it's a full pack because it still has the cellophane wrapper on it. I say to John the Bum, "Hey, you got cigarettes on you!" "Yeah," says John the Bum, patting his pocket, "But I'm saving them for later." "Oh," I say, as I put my cigarettes away (without giving him one), "That must be very economical. You share mine with me now, then go home and smoke your own all by yourself."

And that's pretty much Quebec in a nutshell. For decades now this bum of a province has purposely punched below their weight, collecting transfer payments (welfare) from other provinces while saving their own resources for their independent future. If you're going to have that talk with Quebec, better to have it now rather than later, when you're tapped out.

Return to “Quebec”